We began by helping Starton to develop messaging. However, at PR-it we don’t just develop a laundry list of key messages, we craft a ‘core story.’ This three-part heavily referenced narrative is written in a modular way to ensure message and reference continuity across all external communications. For Starton, the core story explained the unmet clinical need, why Starton is the solution to that need and why people should invest in Starton. Armed with Starton’s core story, we then implemented an integrated communications campaign including:
- Designing, copywriting and coding an investor section into Starton’s existing WordPress website with an integration into Unicorn Hunter’s episode page for Starton and Dealmaker for a seamless investing experience.
- Guiding key executives to update their Linkedin profiles.
- Conducting US and UK/pan-Europe media outreach.
- Developing a social content marketing strategy with editorial calendar and execution including writing posts, preparing graphics, initiating Starton’s Twitter handle, developing audience templates for Linkedin ads, running paid Linkedin campaigns and reporting metrics.
- Production of two videos (see one below) and Linkedin carousel.
- Brokering introductions with key patient advocacy groups.
- Liaising with Unicorn Hunters on Starton’s behalf to review the press release and landing page for Starton’s episode and aligning content marketing efforts.
Starton’s episode on Unicorn Hunters (streamed on 7 June) received over 415,000 views on YouTube and Starton’s website traffic saw a significant uptick with 4,500 visitors and 1,720 investor portal views between May and July.
Posts on Linkedin during the three-month campaign received ~594,000 views and the videos we developed for Starton to post on Linkedin received over 200,000 views during the six weeks they were marketed.
11 original articles were published across the US and UK with a potential reach of over 128 million including: FierceBiotech, Pharmaphorum, In Vivo, Drug Discovery World, European Pharmaceutical Manufacturer and Healthline. The original articles contained over 30 quotes from Pedro Lichtinger, Starton’s CEO and over 40 key messages from the core story.
When PR-it reported campaign metrics (before the funding round closed), the exposure Starton received helped attract 140 accredited investors to the deal.
Testimonial from Shannon Wisniewski, Director of Program Management, Oncology:
“The team at PR-it are experts in their craft. Not only do they “get it,” their primary focus is whatever is in their clients best interest. From the beginning, PR-it engaged with us as if we were their #1 priority, even though we understood they had other clients. When developing our strategy, no stone was left unturned. The opportunities and exposure we’ve received has been tremendous. PR-it’s responsiveness was prompt, communication was thorough, and deliveries were executed flawlessly.”
Additional feedback from Cidnee Vaykovich, Chief Operating Officer:
“I wanted to share a success metric we have observed in the past few weeks. One of our objectives of the PR campaign was to establish Pedro as a thought-leader; I have noticed some very positive reactions to Pedro’s reputation, his recent media appearances, and the Unicorn Hunters episode on some recent intro calls. We had a call with a large international pharma partner last night and they were very aware of who he was and how our company is presented in the media. Owe many thanks to the team for creating that for us! It set us up strongly for that meeting and many others.”